Feb 20, 2012

The Purpose of this Blog

In this day and age, there's always a new website or tool that helps people get things done. Task management startups keep people organized, new online tools and social networks like Pinterest are captivating the young, and an ever increasing number of applications are being pushed out by developers. In this blog, I try to look at the software in our lives, and ways to improve the way it works with us and the way we work with it. And yet, while this constant innovation is stunning, it becomes addicting to go from one new thing to the other.

Take a look at my Macbook's dock to the left. Each one of those shiny application icons is a new story to be told. I could write about how email's become so much easier to shovel through with Sparrow. A post about Reeder could explain my love of RSS feeds of various blogs and news from around the world. And I could even talk about Evernote, which I'm sure most readers of this blog would know. Perhaps a simpler note-jotting App like Notational Velocity is what you're looking for.

But that's the dock, and not the entire arsenal of applications I use. The collection I have is much larger. And move the story online, and I'll never have to stop writing. It's a cliche topic, but it's one that never gets old.

However, this also makes you think, "oh! But won't all of these things overload my computer and I?" Well, that's why I pick out the absolute best to write about.  There shouldn't be a hassle finding the right wrench for the job.

Also, I'll put in the occasional blog post about what I'm reading, tips for life (perhaps), and more.

If you're reading this post, I'm already thankful. A weekly post, and sometimes more, will keep you captivated with the new things that keep on coming. So, enjoy the blog, Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a delightful comment!