May 2, 2012

This Blog

We're always looking for that new thing out there. Fresh ideas drive us and technology carries us.

I've dedicated this blog to writing about simple software that make our lives easier. But now that I've looked at dozens of todo lists, email applications, and more, I've noticed that our simple computers are frustratingly complicated.

Jennifer Morrow, a member of Firefox's user experience design team, went to a mall and interviewed Joe, a man who had never used a computer before. In his blog post, it's talked about how experienced users like us would normally think that many of the design philosophies and ways to interact with technology are very intuitive. Joe shows otherwise. For most of the tasks that he had to attempt, he frequently answered with, "I don't know".

What does this mean? I've promoted software that works, but in the end, I'm only giving out things that work for me. I never considered the possibility that those I'm giving these suggestions to might not understand what I'm saying.

This is my second blog so far, and it's been a heck of a time to share the way I use my Macbook. Now that this chapter has come to an end, I think if I were to continue, the topics I choose would be much more personal, allowing me to explore ideas that come to my mind. I have a passion for looking into topics of leadership, speaking, culture, the way I experience things, volunteering, and more. For example, writing about this awesome organization Liters of Light would be terrific!

That's all there is for now, and maybe in the future, I'll have moved into new and more exciting ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send a delightful comment!